In this edition of THE BIG RANT, Chris, Andre, and friend-of-the-show Joe discuss the internet’s freak out over the Little Mermaid being played by Halle Bailey and the typical fury surrounding representation in pop culture.
The guys kick things off discuss race representation, with The Little Mermaid, Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Titans, Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon (GOT HOTD?), and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Next they move onto religion representation, discussing Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and the announcement that Sabra, an Israeli superhero, will be included in Captain America: New World Order.
Finally, they close things out talking about gender representation and She-Hulk: Attorney at Law and the collective aneurysm the internet had over the main character twerking in a mid-credits scene.
- (00:02:17) The Little Mermaid is not white
- (00:23:09) LOTR: The Rings of Power includes non-white dwarves and elves (00:23:55) She-Hulk Joe(TM) joins us!
- (00:26:28) Starfire from Titans proves a lot of the anger stems from people’s fetishes
- (00:35:37) GOT: HOTD (Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon) kind of tackles representation…
- (00:42:00) Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (00:45:17) Religion
- (00:45:20) Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight showcase the extremes Disney has gone to when showcasing religion in their shows
- (00:50:13) Captain America: New World Order will feature Sabra, a controversial character given modern times (01:09:30) Gender
- (01:08:38) She-Hulk twerks and the internet breaks
Share your opinions with us at [email protected], or on our social media channels:
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
And visit https://chrisandandreshow.com for more content!