In this edition of THE BIG RANT, Chris and Andre share their exhaustion over the midterm elections and the abundance of yard signs and political advertisements seemingly everywhere.
The guys kick things off discussing how ridiculous political ads have become and the need to smear an opponent rather than informing the voters about your positions. Also, did you know that political ads are legally allowed to be misleading?
Next, they long for the days of reasonable political debates amongst friends and colleagues and admit that it seems that ship has sailed and the United States was not on board when it did.
Want to know more? Check out these articles that helped inform the guys' conversation in this episode:
- Negative political ads and their effect on voters: Updated collection of research
- Request to remove 'defamatory' political ad denied by New Hanover judge
- Michael Lee, Marcia Morgan respond to judge's decision over allegedly false campaign ad
- Political ads are allowed to mislead you and are often designed to do so
- Here’s Why We Can’t Have Nice Conversations Anymore
- People Aren't Meant to Talk This Much
- 'Dude, I'm Done': When Politics Tears Families And Friendships Apart
- Conservative group to raffle off semi-automatic rifle in support of school board candidate
- Everything You Need to Know About Political Yard Signs
- Do Political Yard Signs Work?
Share your opinions with us at [email protected], or on our social media channels:
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
And visit https://chrisandandreshow.com for more content!